Friday, January 2, 2009

Won the race but lost your mind. (Day 28)

These kidney stones are a bitch. Absolutely the worst pain I've ever been in my life, and thats a considerable amount seeing as how I've had some pretty fun injuries (including a head through a windshield).

I believe them when they equate it to giving birth. I took percocets today, and initially while I could feel them working, I also felt Clancy (I named him, since...you know...the whole like birth thing) was rolling around my ureter, happy as a clam.

Anyway, it's made me fairly nauseous. They've given me some medication for that, too, but it's completely wiped me out so unfortunately tonight I won't be doing much of an update.

But I had to still come on and show up! It's the first post of 2009!

In a few weeks I'll be going back to my doctor and figuring out what the next step is, and in the next few days I'll be upgrading from 50mg's to 100. So a lot will be happening.

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable New Years last night. Drinking up all the punch, kissing all the people they wanted to kiss, not drinking and driving...I hope thats what happened!

For me, all my plans fell through and I'm a little bit sore about it, but I wound up getting to reconnect with an old friend of mine.

I've been worried about her for years. When I first met her, we were both in high school (albeit different schools) but she was just...so cool. I mean that, too. The epitome of cool. Me, I was pretty much a loser which I mean, probably comes as little surprise. But man, she was so awesome. She liked all the best music and movies, had some great tattoo's, but I think the coolest thing about her was how talented she was.

As time went on she went her separate way, I went mine. But I never forgot about her, and I always wanted her to be okay. She's had some trials and tribulations, but I think shes on the right road at this point. And that gives me hope, because the path she was on is a hard one to get off of once you've been down it for five years. I want her to know I've got her back the entire way should she ever need it.

She has a beautiful son, too. That kid has no idea how lucky he got to have her for his mother. He's probably gonna be a rockstar, honestly.

So heres to her. I'm just glad to know her.

Thats about it for tonight. I updated Piss and Vinegar last night (so go check it out!), but that wasn't the only updating I did (besides Days Gone By). A friend of mine named Miles and I launched a new blog. I will be updating it a few days a week, and really I hope you guys go and check this one out. It's called 'For Your Consideration' and it's basically a "...fuck you opus and homage to Pop-Culture." It centers heavily on movies, but also dips into comic books, music and novels as well. Maybe even sports, who knows? Plus in a few weeks there will be the starting of an advice column! So I'm really looking forward to this, I think it'll be fun, and I hope you guys check it out and spread the word.

Also, if you want to write and article or do your own 'Top 5 Theme', or even suggest a topic to be discussed, please get a hold of me. We'd love to have you.

Thats all for tonight. I'm going to go writhe in pain and contemplate taking a wire coat hanger to my pee-hole, and fish out my kidney boulder.

Until tomorrow!

No comments: