Monday, March 9, 2009

Scream loud, scream sayonara! Sweet Josephine, will you fuck back home? (Day 96)

For the past few days I've been searching heavily for a job, but more or less in the Phoenix area. Part of my five year plan sees me outside of Arizona within the near future, and if I get a chance to try it again somewhere else that's on my list, I'm going to take it.

So if you read this, and are living in the following areas, and know of a job listing I may be interested in...send it to me.

DC
LA/most Orange County (Come on Hollywood, you know you need a writer, and I know you read this site)
Seattle
San Francisco.

Make it happen.

I don't know why, but I really just want to wind up on my own, live somewhat comfortably and just have a big dog. That sounds, ideally, just what i want. I'm tired of having to have restrictions on what I can, and can't do with my living space because of other people, be they parents or room mates.

I want to be able to invite girls over, and not have to run into shit from room mates anymore, even if it's just in jest. I've gotten that a lot of the years, and it's odd because oddly enough my parents have never cared. You'd think it'd be the other way around, but I guess thats just not how things work with me. Doubly ironic is the fact that my dad is a preacher, and my mother a devout Christian. Theres been time when it's the middle of the afternoon, and she'll be leaving and not even so much as a wandering eye.

Where as living with room mates, she's left and it's a lot more blatant what just happened (noise, askew hair and bewildered look/clothing) and even before she's out the door, you get the "God's watching" or laughing/snickering, high fives to the girl, or even actual judgment on needing to have something settle in stone or taking it easy, and really I don't need that.

Given some of my habits, drinking and whatever else, I really don't feel like ever having another conversation on why I decided to buy Colt 45 40's instead of groceries for myself. I have priorities. I've had that conversation countless times, and I don't feel like I owe anyone an explanation for anything. I still get up in time for work, and I still keep my shit clean and tidy and am not a noisy or nosy individual. I don't need the third degree three times a week, and I'm kind of sick of it at this point.

If I want to have a shindig, or house a traveling band or something, I'm tired of having to clear it with people. If I want a huge dog, I don't want that to be a big no-no because someone else prefers dainty little poodles that are smaller than my cat.

Velvet: "Your cats bigger than most dogs."

I have a huge policy. No dogs that are smaller than Rizzo, ever.




That's a picture of when he was just slightly past kitten age. I'd say he's about a year and a half at that point, and he didn't stop growing. I don't think he has. He can reach most counters and stick his head up to see whats going on, or twist any doorknob in this house easily.

And it might seem weird, the desire to have a pet, but in the past I always wanted room mates because I didn't wanna be alone, but now I've noticed a pets pretty much everything I could want. They don't talk back, and minus a few incidents with Rizzo, they don't hit on the girl I'm trying to woo, and most pets I've ever had are very attentive, lovable by all who cross their path, not a dick and don't tear things up, and mild mannered.

Plus if I move out, I'm done not owning anything. I need something to protect my shit.

I want to wind up teaching history or something, too. It just makes the most sense for me, and it's something I'm extremely passionate about.

Basically, room mates are cool and all, but I'm 23 and kind of over it. I'm gonna have to have one initially when I move out, but when I've saved up enough, I'm going my own way.

So right now, thats the most important thing on my five year plan.

Second most important, I guess, by default, but the one I would have to accomplish first, is getting a cell phone. And god damn, that burns me alive. I've made it this long without one. I don't foresee myself ever having to get one of those evil technologies, and I may be the last person on earth without one, but everyone is saying I get one. Minus Arleen, who thinks I'd be selling out.

So who knows.

-Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Velvet said...

I like how you leave out the fact that you HAD a cell phone while you were in New York.

Also, Rizzo is larger than some humans.