Sunday, December 21, 2008

As the cadence carries me, I almost drift away (Day[s] 16 and 17)

Yesterday I hung out with a good friend of mine. It was nice, we rarely get to hang out because of the distance.

It sucks, too.

It's hard for me to relate with people, but when I do...in times where everything seems to taste pretty sour, theres at least a bright light.

I learned a few things:

I learned Austin is invincible with the Suns on 2k9, and somehow out of nowhere will get a thirty point lead after I'd just been up by ten. Rigged is what I think.

I learned his dog Collin really, really wants to hump my arm. Or leg. Or anything involving me.

Quizno's is pretty good; Subway will always be better.

Earlier tonight we went and saw Slumdog Millionaire, the newest film from director Danny Boyle (28 Days Late/Weeks Later franchise.)

It's probably the best movie I've seen in a very, very long time, in terms of adept storytelling. The cinematography was absolutely engaging, and I think it gave the fairest representation of India one could truly do.

Each character was engaging. I just can't say enough about it. It's the sleeper of all sleepers this year, and I really hope people wake up to this one.

But being out and about, getting to spend time with my friend and watch a movie, play video games...all of it made me realize how much is really lacking in my life.

I think it's time for a lot of major changes in my life.

And tackling my mental health is the first (and a pretty big) step in the right direction, I hope.

I'm finding more and more every day that I probably needn't be too worried about these medications. Or at least, as far as my big fear of losing myself. I'm beginning to think this might actually spit shine the turd that is me.

I made this decision, and I want to work on others to get where I want to be a year from now.

So for now, this blog and this medication will continue. At least for the sake of living in spite.

I'm really grateful to have friends like Ryan, Austin, and Velvet. I love them all a lot.

The distance thing sucks. Countries, Counties and California separate me from being able to bother them as much as I'd love too. In the case of one of them in particular...thats probably a good thing.

Thats all for tonight...comin' real is the next episode!

Until Tomorrow.

No comments: