Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The maggots in the eye of love won't copulate. (Day 40)

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who went and checked out the story, and please if you haven't, do me a solid and check out Shootin' At a Mound of Dirt. It's done a lot better than I would have even imagines, and please send the link to a friend.

I'm dead tired right now. See, I fancy myself a bit of an innovator and last night I came up with the brilliant idea of doing a Wine Bong (instead of beer), and it goes down a lot easier, it's go more alcohol, and the way it hits you is...hard, to say the least.

Maybe last night wasn't the best night to go out drinking. See, I got home at exactly 6am, was asleep by 6:03, and was woken up exactly three hours later to go to a doctors appointment.

I can't explain to you what a challenge it truly is to not only wake up tired, but still very much intoxicated and realize you have the whole day in front of you. Especially having to sit in a doctors lobby waiting for them to poke, prod and inspect you like a Lab on display at the thoroughbred show.

The weird thing about the doctors office I go to, and make no mistake my doctor is a great guy, but the thing is it takes care of a lot of people who make up the lower rung of society (take me for example) so anytime you have a test, especially involving urine...better be prepared to have an audience.

Three times I've given urine samples, and each time theres been a nurse in the bathroom making sure I'm not switching samples or something like that even though I'm not being tested for drugs. In this case, I'm being analyzed for scrotum boulders.

After I was done peeing in a cup, which I've had to do about 10 times in past twenty days, I went and sat back in the doctors office playing with cotton balls and tongue depressors because I'm immature and no woman could ever love a 23 year old male who plays with tongue depressors and cotton balls (isolate that).

When my doctor came back, we had a quick run down of things that were issues, and the main focal point was my kidney stones. He told me treatments I could expect:

First they'll put a camera up the urethra, and implant a stint so the calcium can't continue to build up, and even if it does it won't scrape all the way or cause an infection (or at least greatly reduce the probability).

The other treatment, if it's bad enough all that happens to get rid of kidney stones, the other treatment is to break them up using sound waves.

What the everlasting shit! Why wouldn't the less painful and archaic method be the first line of defense.

As far along as we've progressed with technology there are parts of our medical fields that are so outlandishly tortuous that you'd think I'd have wronged someone in a previous life. How can we fit two billion songs on something smaller than a wallet, but still have to put cameras up patiences ass (and make them pay for it, too. Thats special...) to check for cancers and whatnot. I mean, why don't we prioritize our lives...now I have to suffer for it with a camera in my pee hole.

Thats all I've got for right now. Please check Shootin' At a Mound of Dirt, send it around and let me know how you feel about it, etc. It would mean the world to me. And also spread the word about Days Gone By. I'm screwed without you guys.

Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Velvet said...

"I fancy myself a bit of an innovator." HAHA. Niiiiice.

Sorry about your boulders. :-( Come visit. I'll make it better.