Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I remember when we used to spend the whole goddamned day in bed (Day 98)

I went back to my doctor today. As of tomorrow they are starting me on some kind of anti-depressant, although I'm not quite sure what it's called.

My sleeping habits are poor at best, and I just got put on a new type of sleeping medication. So I'll see how that goes.

I'm nervous about the anti-depressant, but we'll see how that goes. I have the same trepidation I had when I started Lamictal, but that turned out okay. So I wonder whats next.

They asked me to consider doing peer-to-peer counseling, meaning they would train me to console a peer of mine. It apparently pays, so I'm all for it. Money money, yeah yeah.

Last night I wound up nearly putting a hole through my bathroom wall. I've made mention of my Uncle before, and I won't get into specifics now, but needless to say last night was the straw that broke the camels back.

He's a self-serving, opportunistic, greedy bastard who thinks his way is the only way.

However, today he wound up getting a phone call telling him the motel he thought he sold, was now being foreclosed on.

Karma is a bitch, yeah?

Unfortunately karma doesn't fix my swollen and pained hand. Maybe it could get on that?

This anti-depressant is supposed to start working within a week or two, and does little to no damage to the liver. I really don't know what to expect. Wish me luck.

-Until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first anti-depressant pill I took hit me within like twenty minutes of taking it. The reason I was so fucking depressed was because of a girl, to the point of having genuine panic attacks and all that shit.

I took the pill, and twenty minutes later I was feeling it already and, while walking across campus, ran into that girl for the first time in months. I felt absolutely nothing but pseudo happiness/contentment, and seeing her had no effect on me. It was really, really weird.

I didn’t care about anything for the next two months except watching TV. Then I stopped taking them. Good luck man. I hope your experience goes smoothly.

Unknown said...

I hope your hand is feeling better despite my masturbation joke earlier. Why does medication have to be so scary? Why can't it be like cotton candy? or cheese? cheese is delicious.