Friday, April 17, 2009

But seldom do these words ring true when I'm constantly failing you. (Day 135)

To clear up, I have started a Twitter War with a friend of mine because we're both jerks to each other, and arguing makes us feel validated in some way, or something like that.

It seems like every new person I cross paths with, I like to fight and argue with. Not in a mean spirited way, but just...arguing for the sake of bonding, I guess. There's a lot wrong inside this head of mine, but seeing as how I'm dead inside...this is the only way I can try and relate to anyone anymore. By being kind of a dick. I think it's working out well for me.

I recently started reading this book called The Lie, by Chuck Kultgen. It came into my life at a really...perfect time, actually. While I can't/don't 100% agree with everything written in the book, the general overtone is one I've been dealing with a lot myself lately. It's interesting in the way it's written, and though I kind of think Kultgen might be a little too...woman hating for his own good, the truth is, I really do like this book. It's got the taste of three people scorned by love and lust. What's not to relate to with that?

The other day I was doing a MySpace survey when one of the questions asked, "Do you miss any of your memories" or something like that. My friend Kim answered, "I don't miss them, but I remember them with a smile."

I think that applies, and ties in perfectly with what yesterdays update was about. I honestly do.

I just hope that still holds water come a few weeks from now.


-Until tomorrow.

No comments: