Monday, April 20, 2009

I love you more than the stars in the sky. (Day 138)

I guess I'm gonna break a few things here I haven't really talked about lately.

I've been looking for a job and a place to live. The places I've been looking have been NorCal, some SoCal (picky as hell on this one) Tempe/Valley (Arizona) and Texas.

It's kind of funny that Texas wound up on that list. Cowboys, Republicans and humidity. But honestly, when I think about, I think it just sounds like a lot of fun.

I want to get into a position where I can make some money, and allow myself the creative free time to write, as well as do college too.

Even though it was highly panned here, I wound up starting a Twitter account, solely for the purposes of feuding with someone. Feuds are fun, and it's basically just used for schtick. It's nothing done except for the purpose of having some fun and slinging some jokes. I'm trying not to be all stuck up assholey all the time.

Which, it's funny too. Everything I thought I'd hate, and I mean EVERYTHING, when I do it..it turns out to be a lot more fun than I could have anticipated. You know?

I've been doing a lot of writing on the book (it was once titled A Positive Rage) now it's called Anthems From the Basement Floor. I'm having so much fun with it. This is the way doing anything that's remotely 'creative' or whatever should be. I mean, I understand there are times when the emotion behind it doesn't really reflect that which is fine, but you have to really not take yourself, or whatever it is your doing too seriously, which...thankfully is something I've never done. So, you know.

I'll be having knee surgery sometime here in the nearish future. Or I should be. I actually haven't fully made up my mind on that, actually. See, the way I look at it is that it hurts like hell now. Truth be told, it's probably going to hurt forever. That's just the way the body works. I can't even begin to list the things that have hurt my entire life, and I've just learned how to make the best of it. I mean, worst case scenarion my knee and shoulder and back lock up (the big three offenders) and I just have to take an extra moment trying to beat feeling back into them. Well, feeling that isn't just pain. Like...blood flow.

I know, I know. It sounds ridiculous not to get the surgery. But the way I look at it is...the last time I had one of the surgeries that I need to get, it took four-five months to get to where I could walk without my leg wanting to seemingly just crumble on me. It took months before it regained any strength whatsoever...

Now this time around, there's a laundry list of issues with it that I truly don't feel like dealing with, honestly. It's gonna take up too much time, and right now it's...useable. I can use it.

Don't even get me started on my shoulder, though. Ha.


So I don't know. There's a few other things, but I can't remember them right now. Oh well, there's always....

-Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Velvet said...

Nobody does it like you anymore.

:-)