Thursday, April 30, 2009

I wanna riot, riot on my own. (Day 146)

Did anyone watch the Presidents speech last night, and feel like he's just a good tap dancer? Like he's the goddamned Governors son?

I'm all about hating Fox. But with him not allowing them to even ASK questions undermines the sanctity of free speech, no matter if they were willing to air their coverage or not. I don't care if that's not a popular opinion, it undermines what this country is about, and what a President like Obama has claimed to be against all this time.

I'm pleased with some of his policies, I feel he's gotten a shit load more accomplished in 100 days than Bush did in 200. I truly feel that. I feel he can be direct, but he's abusing his power in equally corrupt ways, and no ones calling him on it because he's a rock star with a real job!

Everyone is content right now. I feel slowly and surely he's implementing government where it shouldn't be, despite how badly the motor corporations fucked up...it's not the governments place to try to stick a band aid on it. He didn't really have a right to give the money out that quickly either.

If we're gonna evolve as a society, we need to call a spade a fucking spade. Even if it is against someone who's as charming as he is. Only one journalist, amongst the others who were to smitten by his charisma, had the balls enough to try and hold the President accountable for ducking around a question. It makes me feel good to be alive that someone has the guts to do that still, even when we're all afraid.

But the rest of the chicken-shit so-called left wing journalists danced under his puppet wires. I don't hate Obama, and fuck the notion of ever being a Republican. I'll even go so far as to say I do not regret voting for him. But these are only cosmetic changes, not foundation changes. You can only slap a new coat of paint over an old statue so many times without stripping it down prior before everything starts to peel and you lose everything.

Where's the accountability?

-Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Velvet said...

A rockstar with a real job. Hahahha. It's lines like that that people should be paying you to write.