Thursday, April 2, 2009

Love is everlasting when love is on the road, I'm told (Day 120)

I've been thinking a lot about what or who I'm gonna be like when I'm thirty. The future freaks me out.

At what age do you stop chasing dumb dreams? I wish I could see into the future. What exists beyond being 23? What happens when you stop being dumb and focus on 401 (k)'s and all the things that matter so much right now are no longer important?

I wish I had a crystal ball. I wish I could see where my friends would be, and how they move on. I hate the thought that one day it's no longer a kosher idea to stay up til 5 in the morning, or just drive somewhere for the hell of it.

How does it all happen? Is there a defining moment?

If you have any input or advice, I'd love to hear it.

Also, Europeans I really need you to get a hold of me! I've got big exciting news for you, hopefully. So get a hold of me!

-Until tomorrow.

3 comments:

Velvet said...

GODDAMNIT, AARON EARL. Stop stealing my blog titles!!!!!!!!

You know what? I'm gonna use this one anyway. I don't care. I do what I want.

Daniel said...

When you get bored of most other things.

Daniel said...

But as for dreams that aren't "dumb," I say don't quit chasing them.

Of all my dreams, two have survived, and I do plan on actually following those through to the end.