Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Down in south Oakland off east 14th it's raining, six a.m. on Sunday and the bums are praying (Day 158)

You ever get to the point where you realize, "Holy crap, I'm too old to be doing this still."

I came to that resolution last night while I was having a nice jog in the dark trying to avoid policia. Sometimes...that's just my life.

But during the course of the night, prior to my audition for Cops, we wound up at a party. A party on a Monday night...because that's what adults do.

And while the "party" wasn't exactly a barn burner, and I wasn't there for very long, I actually met people I hadn't even known had existed in this cramped, desolate and small town.

I grabbed a guitar, because all night I'd been in the mood to play. The next thing I know I'm introduced to some very fucking cool people with very fucking cool music tastes. I never meet anyone, especially in the area, who is legitimately into vinyl, the Misfits or the Clash.

I wish to God I had their information. Maybe I wouldn't sit here all the time hating my surroundings.

Get out and explore, I guess.

-Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Velvet said...

I hope you've asked for her #.

Bad boys, bad boys....whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?