Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's been long time since I've been close to you, it's been a long time since I've been sad. (Day 173) [Guest Update]

Today's guest update is from a long time friend of mine, Richard. I've known him for years, and he's been a great guy. He's been kind enough to raise the quality of this blog, at least for one post. It's extremely personal, and I'm very greatful he was able to share something so close to him.

P.S: The song he chose by the Alkaline Trio (in keeping with this weeks theme) is called Jaked on Green Beers, and it can be found of their compilation album, Remains. It couldn't be more fitting.

-Aaron Hale.




Well for some of you [very few] it will be immediately obvious why I chose that particular lyric. Even more so because those of you particular enough to know the story behind this upcoming blog know the rest of the lyrics to the song. This song has another deep impact on me being the first Alkaline Trio song I ever heard.

Sometimes in life you find yourself surrounded by people, and you manage to become completely and utterly devoted to one of them. She's beautiful, she's smart, and god damn if she can't make you feel fucking great. This girl could get you to do just about anything; Scratch that. This girl could get you to do absolutely anything, no questions asked. Hell, she could even get you to reconsider your life plans on marriage and children.

Of course, being the whore that she is, she's going to hurt you deeply, but you don't believe that yet. Not yet, but soon. So you finally find out what a tramp this chick is, and manage to muster up the willpower to move forward- at least momentarily. Why is it that whenever someone hooks you- I mean really hooks you, you come running to their beckon call? I think it's absolutely ridiculous, but as far as shortcomings go, I am guilty of this as well.

You manage to patch things up for a while, and things go great, only to find out that skankwad still can't keep her legs together, and decided that she's going to smash you into a million pieces because of it. Fucking sucks. Really....fucking....sucks.... but you gather yourself up and move on- or try to, as the bitch drags you over hot coals for days before finally giving it an honest attempt at breaking it off. Don't ever try to be friends with someone like this. I know that you're going to want to. You're going to hope that at least you can still be friends, and maybe build it back into something- but you can't. Trust me, you can't. Just let the bitch change her number, you don't need it anyway, and get rid of all the ways she might be able to find you too.

I wish I could be there when you get hurt as bad as you've hurt me, and bitch, I hope this is goodbye.


-Until tomorrow.