Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lately I been hard to reach, I've been to long on my own. (Day 163)

You can listen to the new Eminem album here: I find the whole album pretty decent, but there are some stinkers here and there. Overall, I'm just fucking glad it isn't TI, or whatever the flavor of the week is.

I think it's interesting to hear such a prolific rapper put out an album out like this. Outside of the obvious singles, and some of the more...jokey tracks, there's some pretty confrontational and confessional songs on here. Detailing a trip into hell of losing a close friend, a continuously failed relationship and the loss of your best friend? I'm amazed he only got hooked on prescription meds.

Especially the tracks 'Deja Vu' and 'Beautiful'.

I really hope a lot of people don't overlook this album because it doesn't have his typical hooks, or that usual "angry" vibe too it. Sure, it's got anger to it, I'm not saying it doesn't, but it's more of a reserved melancholy of a person who's been basically reclusive for nearly half a decade.

I'm off to listen to this...a lot. I waited quite a bit for this.

-Until tomorrow

2 comments:

Velvet said...

Player...who can really blame you?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.