Saturday, May 23, 2009

They all drink the same drinks, and they all fuck the same. (Day 168)

Today there will be a double post to make up for missing last night. I just got really tired. I wound up not being able to make it to the job interview, and I'm very bummed in that. But things happen sometimes that are outside of everyone's control, so I completely understand.

This updates lyrics come from a band I've always been heavily enamored by. They're a complete mixture of stuff you've heard before, but you just can't quite put your finger on. It's obvious that the singer wears his Johnny Cash influences as a shirt, instead of up his sleeves. The song (despite what they say at the beginning of the video) is called Spring Break 1899. It's by a band named Murder By Death (named after the 1976 movie with Pete Sellers) off of their latest album, Red of Tooth and Claw.



As good as this video is, and how much justice it does the band, I can't say how much I really hope you check out the whole album. The cello doesn't tend to be bled over as much, and the cello really makes this band.

So I missed my job interview. Hopefully I can convince them to reschedule it, but if not at least I know that this drought of unemployment is about to run its course. I've also been thinking about going to school again. I'm just not so sure I'd survive in the kind of atmosphere because I get so damned bored so quickly. When they hand out those syllabus' I always tend to work way ahead and then just lose interest and wind up not going back.

I wish I knew a way to keep myself focused. I've tried not working ahead, and that's when I start losing assignments or something. It's hard to explain. I just hate sitting still, honestly.

I'll be updating again later today. Be sure to wait with baited breath.

-Until tomorrow (which is technically like...tonight.)

No comments: