Thursday, May 21, 2009

For a year we caught his tears in a cup. And now we're gonna make him drink it. Come on Alex don't die or dry up! (Day 167)

Today's lyric comes from Canadianistan band, the Arcade Fire. The song can be found on their album Funeral, and the song is called Laika.



I can't tell you how many hours I listened to that album, and this song specifically when I worked at the Comfort Inn. Something about the atmosphere of that album, of that song...really made those dead and unending hours more than what they should have been. It made it this...I want to say journey. I tend to daydream quite a lot, and with this in the background...I'd drift for hours on end, and it'd honestly make the nights seem so less depressing and pointless.

These guys put on this amazing live show. Literally, two members of the band strap on helmets and beat the shit out of each others heads with drum sticks. While admittedly that actually sounds really kitchy and pointless, it actually flows with the mood and demeanor of this band. Also, imagine a relatively off the radar band going on Letterman, and doing something like that? It was awesome.

I'm actually posting another songs from their latest release, which was amazing, called Neon Bible (song is the same name). What's so special about this performance? Well consider this: There's a tuba, two violinists, a person playing a xylophone, saxophone, as well as a guitar and a dude ripping pages out of a magazine as a percussion instrument and a guy banging on the roof for additional umph. Oh, also there in an elevator while someone is videotaping it. There also might be a few other instruments as well.



Starting tomorrow I have a job interview for a citizens advocacy group. The aim is to try and lower "big businesses" like the oil conglomerates from continuously snuffing out any alternative fuel sources, thusly keeping America dependent on foreign power.

Along with that, they also work in the community with the down and out, which honestly is something I can truly get behind. This is a job that is completely opposite of what I did for the New York Government. It's a non-profit organization that worries more about helping people, instead of fastidiously expediting peoples shattered lives in order to make that much more money.

It's a job that I feel I'd be a great fit for, and I really hope something can work out. It's in the Valley, which is quite a ways away, which means I'd be making my big move out of this nowhere nothing desert town, into one of the bigger cities in the nation.

I'm nervous, anxious and so awfully excited.

I decided to change a few days ago, and already I can see some things beginning to rotate into that favor. So please, wish me luck.

The downside of this position is that it appears to only be a summer position, but if I'm working I have an idea it might be that much easier to get a job. Plus I've learned a lot about my finances, and when it's time to scrimp, and when it's okay to splurge a little bit.

I'd like to secure this job. If I did, I want to learn as much as I can about this type of field of work, for the citizens, I mean. For the people. I'd maybe like to someday start my own to assist people who cannot afford to seek treatment, or medicine, or might not even know what to do. I've been doing this for a while now, and I still have very little of a clue as to what I'm exactly supposed to do. I think it could benefit a lot of people, as well.

That's all I've got for today. Wish me luck. Hopefully by this time tomorrow, I will be a gainfully employed individual.

-Until tomorrow.

No comments: