Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm writing words I never meant to say, and I'll let go, this photograph says so. I'll let go, I swear to God, of everything you told me so. (Day 180)

Today's song comes from Philadelphia's finest; The Menzingers. The song is an acoustic version o their song Keychain, and it comes off of their stunning debut album, A Lesson In the Abuse of Information Technology. This is a band you will want to keep your eyes peeled wide open for, because it won't be long until they start to catch on.

To simply call them a punk rock band is almost insulting. The Menzingers are an extremely diverse and melodic band, with elements of the Clash, Billy Bragg and Jesus' sweat all poured into a highly potent concoction of cacophonious orgasm. The melodies are so damned impressive, the timing is unbelievable and the lyrics...God, I don't know if there's any better wordsmiths out there today that even come close to what it is the Menzingers are doing.



I must take this moment to apologize for yesterday's update. In doing so, I was quite disrespectful to many people, and for that I deeply apologize. It was never my intention to come across how it was that I came across. It was extremely disrespectful and I acted like a supreme asshole to people far superior than I.

I genuinely do feel sorry for what I wrote, how I came across, and for the aftermath that came with it. I'm bottom of the barrel. Please believe my intentions weren't to come across as they came. From this moment on, the subject will now be one that will never addressed, and I will do the classy thing as it were, and simply stand back.

My actions, and reactions to being dressed down on the situation today were uncalled for. I was completely a giant prick, and I'm sorry. To both of you. You know who you are, and I hope these "famous last words" at least let you know that in the end, I realize it was my fault. I want nothing but the best for both of you. I've not been a good friend, I never have been...and I just...cannot apologize enough for this, for you wasting your time with me.

For any and all of it. Please be safe, be happy and have the best time you could ever have.

-Until tomorrow.

No comments: