Monday, June 1, 2009

And if I hadn't set aside the fact that you were broken hearted, Hell knows where your heart would be today...maybe with me. (Day 178 & 179)

I've decided, and this might change, but I'll be taking Sunday's off of Days Gone By. Every day is kind of hard to keep up with some days, and plus it'd be nice to have a nice little break, and maybe devote some time to some other projects. Like, oh say...Nice Day For A Revolution! Speaking of NDFAR, it will be updated with chapter two here within the next 24 hours. I know it's been a long time coming for chapter 2, I just don't want to rush anything. It's about the quality with this. It's a passion, for sure.

Tomorrow is the Alkaline Trio show. I have no idea if I'll be able to make it or not, and that completely breaks my heart. It's been a rough year and a half, and I just needed one night where I could let someone else do the talking for me.

This song has meant a lot to me in the past three months. It's called Sorry About That, and it's off of their amazing debut album, Goddammit.

Here are the lyrics:

It hasn't been that long
Since we drank to the sunset.. until it was gone
And down with it went our pain and fear
As we slowly broke contact more and more with every beer
And we passed out in each others arms
Both admitting wed never felt better
Never felt so warm
But awoke in each others eyes
Without wearing a stitch of clothing
We were both deeply in disguise
And maybe I just set aside the fact that you were broken hearted
In my own special selfish way
And if I hadnt set aside the fact that you were broken hearted
Hell knows where your heart would be today
Maybe with me

It seems like its been so long since we kissed through the darkness until it was dawn
Up with it came our pain and fear
That wed already lost each other
We both knew that the end was near
Maybe I just set aside the fact that you were broken hearted
In my own special selfish way
And if I hadn't set aside the fact that you were broken hearted
Hell knows where your heart would be today
Maybe with me
Maybe with me
Maybe with me maybe with me maybe with me maybe with me.

Below is a song I wrote not too long ago, and will be recording in the near future. Hope you hate it.

The Blister Tree:
--------------------


Oh blister won't grow? I won't be sitting vacantly dwelling on spit or inhaling smoke from trees
burning in the middle of the sea. Keep on stirring these feelings of repetition, Annie, she said
to me, "It's not my mission to keep on walking with you for all these miles." Baby please keep
feeding me future lines for drunk dials. Sweet brother in arms I saw you laying there bleeding
and singing, "There's a girl with bruised arms back home in Georgia Smelling of peaches and
skin as soft as beaches." Covered in Mercury dripping with jewelery, she now bows her head
silently tearing Fearing of flowers blossoming and drinking all her tears.
"We were supposed to age and defy each day." Oh blister, won't you grow? My fingers are
aching to break writing you every line that comes to mind like, "We could be so much more than
this. You know I never gave a shit when we slept all day long ignoring the world as it spins,
and we grinned and bit each others lips and said, "Fuck our friends." You were an American girl
with Irish thighs, and god now I'm wasting away. What I wouldn't do to kill the calm and call her
my own, but now she's starring happily...now she's getting married. We'll keep on pretending
we're moving, Annie, but now its getting Winter cold. She said, "There are right times and
then there are destinies. Somehow you never meant either to me."

Oh blister, don't you know that your welcome is now worn? I'd take the time to take the form
of some lost and lonely alley if you still believed in me. Actress please dont evacuate. While
the stage is burning, lets take some time to bask in the light. Better words from bitter pens
When means forget to justify their trends, animals now sigh...and I believe there's a season
begging to rain down plastic and lye. Bound and gagged, slipping and flaling we had our chance
to succeed at failing, but now they grasp us and take time to revive. Now pretty baby
don't worry about that blood staining your grandmothers rug, we're just draining in training.
They cauterized us to the ceiling with saline and screamed at the top their lungs, and begged
us to join, "OH IT WAS GREAT TO BE ALIVE!!"





-Until tomorrow.

No comments: