Saturday, May 30, 2009

You left me for dead so far away, I replaced you with fear and shame. You'll be happy on the day I die. (Day 176)

The days are drawing even closer to the Trio show. I cannot wait. Today's song is "Stupid Kid" from my favorite album of all time, From Here To Infirmary. Talk about an anthem for every stupid time I fell in love with a girl.



So in a bit I'm heading up to Valley. I'll be looking for a job. It's at the point now where it's time that I got moving on to greener pastures. So much has changed this year, and the thing is...it's not even small changes. Things I thought would never happen actually did. I need to sit down and make a list of them, too.

And it's time that I started getting out of my head so much. I realized that as much time as I spend on introspection, maybe I would've been better served (or was in a previous life) a philosopher during the times of Greece.

I wish I had a chance to go back in time, though. To the time when Kerouac and Burroughs were traversing the United States, and penning the penultimate. Penning the blueprints for those who'd never quite fit in to the fabric of society just right. That the idea of adventure was more alluring than ever playing it safe. That there really wasn't any compromising, just...doing it. I wish I could have been a part of that.

Well, I'm guys. Have a safe night!

Tomorrows post is gonna be sappy as fuck, so prepare.

-Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Velvet said...

This song rules.