Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Reaching out for some kind of connection. (Day 184)

I bid farewell to one of my favorite drummers Warren Oakes, who has decided to leave Against Me! What I always liked about his drummer is that while it was never super fancy, he just kept the tempo. I always liked that. It's that very reason why I don't like Travis Barker. He always has to toss in unnecessary fills to stand out above music that, lets face it, isn't all that complicated. It's too show offy. Not saying he isn't talented, because he clearly is. It just doesn't seem to really fit into a band that's made a career out of a simplistic approach.

So today's lyrics come from Against Me's song, New Wave off of the album with the same name.





So this past weekend, I didn't get to go see the Menzingers and I'm pretty bummed. I did however attend a very informal Mexican wedding, and wound up eating goat. I feel so guilty having eaten Lambchops boyfriend, but lets be honest...he was a loser anyway.

That's all I've got for tonight. Tomorrows update will be much better.

-Until tomorrow.

No comments: