Friday, January 23, 2009

So now it's 3 AM and the cocaine's all but gone. If I can buy a bottle from the bar then I can make it through till dawn. (Day 50)

Cocaine...it's a hell of a drug!

I need to play basketball or my head is going to explode. Someone make this happen. I'm going stir crazy, and I need to blow off some steam.

I found out my Uncle is a raving lunatic, my TV died, a toe nail fell off, a vindictive ex-girlfriend found a way to fuck me from beyond the depths of Hell still, and I still have a bit of the Food Poisoning. What a fucking week. It's cloudy outside, maybe I'll get hit by lightning.

I'm stoked that I get to meet a new friend next week though. Lets see how that goes.

This is a song I've been working on. Let me know what you think:


Well I dance on land mines just to pass the time
Another generation gap separates divine
Spent my life standing in line, praying for an ounce of control
But wound up broken and beaten searching for a temple and a soul
My minds racing, these voices are sinking in
Can't seem to decide how to survive one more day without the tickle of vicodin
I can hear your eyes staring holes in the dark
Asking, "Do you have an answer for why this race never starts?"
You walked a million miles but never thought of how to cope
With what you would do when you realized the verdict of these ghosts.
My glass is half-empty, half-full
Watching the glass bleach bone dry while it over-flows
I guess thats just the way it goes
Well here go.

Come on and learn to sing for broken bones
Hear the tongues clicking in bleeding mouths in pretty tones
Nine-eleven, nine-one-one, 1984 again
Come home Aristotle, your wisdom is settling in
And I've had my fill of this technological sin
Beta 6.0 comes at a cost, and it's no concern
This server severed several fingers, the data beats now....off time
The high horse broke my fall from cloud nine
Well I guess theres no Shangri-la
Opportunity stopped ringing when it discovered it was
more subtle to just ignore the call
I'm a modern day Pariah searching for his throne
Building my legacy with headstones in Rome
I don't speak in tongues I just don't speak anymore
I found my voice was broken and ignored
So have faith in nothing cause it's all gonna burn
History's a living lesson we're not willing to learn
And thats fine.

My guts are smashed in my throat, I can't control
The feeling of fleeing every time I pick up a phone.
Capsized, romanticize living and dying alone
This eternal flame no longer burns
for these headstones in Rome.

-Headstones in Rome.

Thats all I have for right now.

Until tomorrow.

3 comments:

Velvet said...

The first line is money. I seem to say that alot about stuff you write, but seriously.

This is really, really good. You should sing it to me sometime. :-)

Anonymous said...

I got a newer Alkaline Trio mixed with a bit of songs from The '59 Sound tune in my head while reading those lyrics. That was freakin' fun!

Anonymous said...

what's up Skiba/ Swartzenbach Jr.???