Sunday, February 1, 2009

Paranoia, paranoia, everybody's coming to get me. (Day 59)

Congratulations Cardinals.

Ever since you made the playoffs about a decade ago, I've held fast hope that one day you would stand in toe with the rest of the Arizona teams, and produce at least a decent legacy. And while I cheered for you every single step of the way, part of me is relieved you didn't win the big bass ring before the Suns. I think I would have lost my god damned mind.

Let me explain something. Ever since the Cardinals made it to the playoffs 10 years ago, they've been either on the verge of making it to the dance, or they've simply just been the laughing stock of the league. We've seen horrendous choices made by upper management, injuries, egos and just over all bad luck have plagued this franchise.

But cheer for the underdog, because at the end of the line, they will be the ones left standing. I really love this team they have right now, with minor exceptions. Mostly Boldin's cry baby attitude.

But Larry Fitzgerald has been the most impressive player this off seasons, not only for the Cardinals--but for the entire league. For the next few years he won't have to worry about job security.

This weekend was one of the best I've had in a very long time. It was just a lot of fun with people I truly do consider my closest friends.

It also happened to be my friends' brothers 18th birthday. He celebrated it by getting his daughters name tattooed on his shoulder. It looks pretty cool. I had no idea you could get tattoos done in swap meets. Apparently you can get everything. Including a baby.

I'll get more into this past weekend tomorrow. I'm really in a great mood and I want to go to sleep.

Guest updates are coming soon!

-Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Velvet said...

"I want to go to sleep...on the phone with Velvet."