Tuesday, February 3, 2009

To the rhythm of a time bomb ticking away. (Day 61)

Theres a lot I want to talk about, yet nothing leaps off the pages. How last night went, and how I wanted to tell you it was okay. But I'm taking an alternative route.

Today I got my knee checked up on. I've never had a doctor's face just drop while looking at x rays.

I had to go get fitted for a custom brace, with steel/the works.

While I was sitting in the lobby waiting to be seen by the practitioner, a Greek Orthodox monk walked into the lobby. Like, really.

For so long I've threatened to become a monk. An honest to God monk. So we started talking.

But before that, he sat down on the other side of the room, and picked up the bible. He went straight to Revelations. I guess me and the monk have something in common, in that aspect.

When he was done I asked him what religion he was, and he told me he was a Greek orthodox monk.

"That a serious religion you got there."

"It has to be serious, Salvation of the soul has to be serious."

We talked about the process of becoming a monk, and what went into it. His cellphone went off (I was surprised that he had one) and I shit you not, it was the sound of church bells ringing. That part didn't surprise me, actually. He spoke in Greek, the whole nine. This was something of a new nature.

Far from my minds eye was my eviscerated knee.

So where do I go from here?

I'm thinking about coming off the meds. After all, What Would Greek Orthodox Jesus Do?

Until tomorrow.

No comments: