Sunday, March 29, 2009

Truth be told I miss you...truth be told I'm lying. (Day 114)

Bare with me, it's been a long and fun weekend. This has been the first chance I've had at an update so I'm gonna post a few tonight. Two actually.


So Spring is upon us, and new love is in the air. Case in point, my cat Rizzo now has his first girlfriend. Now he doesn't have the kitty equipment necessary for reproducing, but I've been assured he can still lay pipe.

Her name is Emma, and they took to each other right away. The reason why this is so outstanding is that he's never been an outside cat. When I was outside petting this stray because she was so friendly, he stepped out a little bit and she and he hit it off. So I shut the screen door after having come back in. A few minutes later I hear the sound of what would seem like it was a screen door opening.

That can't be, I thought. And sure enough, when I turned around they were working together to have her come in the house.

They cuddled for the rest of the afternoon. Every time I tried to take her back outside, he would hiss at me. He's not an aggressive animal by any nature. He's certainly never hissed at me before. So there's that. My little guy is growing up. I'm a bit jealous, but whatever. Don't hate the player, don't hate the game, hate the hate, right?

She breaks his heart though, she's going to a no kill shelter in Mesa, far away from him.


In other news, my mother has been hospitalized for the better part of the weekend. She had some pretty severe kidney stones. It got to the point where she was bleeding non-stop and in constant pain. It got to the point where she has two very large stones in one kidney, and an even larger stone in the other.

There was a chance she could actually die during the procedure, but I kind of knew she would be ok. She can only have one procedure per kidney, and the other massive stone, they have to borrow equipment from another hospital because it's simply too large to be blown up.

I wasn't going to come to Mesa until my dad pretty much forced me too, because we knew she'd be fine. I felt realy scared for her, but as of this afternoon she's back at home. She still will be dealing with this for a bit, but everything will be fine. I know it.

I don't know what I'd do if she did die. I mean, I know it's werid to out and out say that, but speaking in terms outside of myself, I'm not sure how my father would take it. She's been his biggest saving grace in life. They really are meant to be together, and it's just awesome to see, honestly. Not many people get much of a second chance, let alone several others on top of that. But through the muck and mire they found each other.

It's Spring now.


Anything can happen.



-Until tomorrow.

No comments: