Wednesday, April 22, 2009

For all the drugs that I've done - yo I'm still gon' do To all the people I've offended - yeah fuck you too. (Day 139)

I want to find a new publisher. If anyone out there knows a proper way about going to get one, please let me know. I really want to get the ball rolling, and I really feel it's time to take this kind of a chance.

A few days ago I was sitting here, doing whatever...being unemployed, stuff like that. There was a knock on and there was a guy selling water. You know those guys that sell 'em, right? With the water cooler, etc.

Well we got to talking, and the next thing I know he's giving me a few free samples. Truthfully, I'm not gonna turn down a free bottle of water. It's pretty close to all I drink besides alcohol and cranberry juice and Gatorade.

Obviously I have no money. When he tries to seal the deal, I tell him I'll pass the information on. As I go to step inside, he gets this hurt and offended look in his eyes, "I'm sorry...did I do something wrong? I thought we had something going on here."

I was kind of dumbfounded. I felt bad, to be honest. I feel like I just dumped or something.

And I got to thinking. I tend to offend some people, and I think being offended is something that's a funny human reaction. Sometimes its warranted, being offended, but most of the time I think it's just egos being inflated and then somewhat deflated. I'm not sure what I'm getting at, but I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Pride is funny. It's a double edged sword. It's good in some situations, and other times...it's all of our downfalls. Myself included.

Some one told me the other day that children are never products of their parents outside of the physical attributes and birthing process. That children, and all of us essentially, belong to life itself. I'm not sure what I think about that, but I tend to disagree. But I would really like to know what you think.

-Until tomorrow.

No comments: