Friday, May 8, 2009

I don't give a shit about the modern age. (Day 154)

Today Green Day posted a stream of their new album over at Rhapsody, MTV and VH1.

It's strange, this band has been the reason why I'm into the music I'm into today, and the level of dedication as well. It's a band I've grown up with, and they are one of those few bands, that for me, have never released a bad album. I've wound up loving them all.

And there's a lot of hype around 21st Century Breakdown.

But truth be told, it's miles better than American Idiot. The problem though, is I can't really say that there's a song on here that's as single worthy as anything off of AI.

I kept wondering before I listened too it, why do they still keep going. Not that I'm ungrateful, it's just that...they really have nothing left to prove, they've made their money, and they've somehow managed to stay relevant long enough to see their influence shape (Right, Fall Out Boy?)

But this album...it's great.

As far as punk music goes, I truly believe they are the biggest punk band of all time. Succeeding even my beloved Clash, Ramones and even the way overrated Sex Pistols. This just solidifies it.

I hope everyone checks it out. It's worth 70 minutes of your life.

-Until tomorrow.

No comments: