Saturday, June 13, 2009

I must always remember; there's no point to surrender. (Day 189)

Band - Hot Water Music.

Song - Turnstile.

Album - Fuel For the Hate Game.





I was at this show. It was during their reunion tour, and it may have been one of the greatest nights of my life. I remember being very drunken, and screaming like I wrote the lyrics. It was one of the funnest nights in recent memory.

It's one of those things you just...do not miss. Weddings, birthday's, anniversary's...those are all acceptable to miss if one of the greatest bands to ever come out of Gainesville decides they feel like touring, just for the shit's and giggles of it.

But those lyrics are very positive. It's so strange how something as simple as a song can actually lift you out of the gutter, if only temporarily. Music is a drug. It's addictive, consuming and life altering. I couldn't imagine life without it, and there isn't a bone in my body that doesn't need to feel the reverberation of live music, and 600 kids singing along.

Maybe there isn't a point to surrender.

Lately this blog has seen a very literal explosion in popularity. To that I say...thank you, friends.

Have a great, and safe weekend.

-Until tomorrow.

No comments: