Thursday, July 16, 2009

And there is no time like the present to drink these draining seconds. (Day 215)

Artist - Rise Against

Song - Savior

Album - Appeal to Reason.







This next week I have a meeting with a counselor to discuss what basically boils down to my future.

There's that word again. That one that haunts every corner of my existence right now. I spent so many years trying to outrun it and hide from it that now it's everywhere I look. Part of me wants to be excited, but mostly it's the realization of letting go that hangs on every sentence that's really starting to bother me.

Future desk jobs and company retreats. Casual Friday's and three day weekends.

I used to wonder if we were meant for more. Not even wonder, I was so convinced. But the truth is...we aren't. We aren't meant for anything more.

Those memories you hold onto...those betray you so much, they decieve you into thinking that every uphill battle has a better view at the top. But most likely it looks like every other plateau.

I just want to take what I can get at this point. It's all I've got, and there's nothing left holding me down anymore, and I just don't know what to do.

-Until tomorrow.

No comments: