Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I've never felt so strange standing in the Jersey rain. (Day 203)

Band - Gaslight Anthem

Song - The Patient Ferris Wheel

Album - The 59 Sound






When was the last time you stood in the pounding rain? I can honestly answer that question now. Tonight the skies opened up and pounded rain. As I speak, I'm still soaking wet. After one of the hottest days of the year, the rain was such a relief.

Arizona heat sticks with you. Even in air conditioning, you're never quite cooled off. And for the first time in months, I feel so energized and happy and cool.

Rain can be therapeutic. It can wash away so much, you just have to be there willing to let it do so. And in doing so, I've decided that after school, I'm moving someplace where it rains often.

I've always liked Seattle. At least the idea of it. I've never been, but I plan on going before the years end. Just somewhere where it rains, where it's green and goddammit...someplace new.

I'm so excited for the future. For the first time in years the idea of waking up tomorrow isn't depressing.

So hell. Fall in love, stand in the rain, sing loud and dance proud. You only get one go round, right?

"Forget this dead man's town, I'll take you home."

Yeah baby, I'll take you home tonight.


-Until tomorrow.

No comments: