Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What have I to show except the promises I never kept? (Day 202)

Artist - Thrice

Song - Artist in the Ambulance

Album - Artist in the Ambulance






This song has always (since it was released, I mean) held a very dear place in my heart. I can relate more than most people could ever comfortably admit. I've been given more than a second chance, and I do owe my life to a stranger, or two.

It's taken me a long time to learn how to move forward. This past year, all throughout this blog.

It's been hard to let go of my friend Leroy. Every day I carry his death on my shoulders, there hasn't been a single day that's passed that I haven't thought about him. It never gets any easier to accept, and I truly hope no one else ever has to suffer the pain of having someone you love be murdered in cold blood.

I decided on that day to move forward with my life. I owe it to every person I've lost in the past few years to try and reach some form of potential, whatever that may be.

I just hope I never let them, or anyone who's decided to believe in anything I do down.

I took my placement test for college today, and did pretty well for all intents and purposes. Velvet asked if I was excited, and I told her not really. While I am a little excited, I also realized I'm 23 years old and just barely a freshman in college. Is that anything to be proud of or to be excited for? I don't know if it is, really.

But I had a lot of things I had to take care of before hand. In retrospect, it might've been the wisest thing I've ever done.

-Until tomorrow.

No comments: