Sunday, July 19, 2009

Moving west, Mississippi it's time like these I wish you were here with me. (Day 217)

Artist - Nothington

Song - Going Home




So after six years of not waking up to go to school, the streak has officially ended.

And it felt different this time.

I don't like to talk about how I walked away from high school. I'd always felt that it was a pretty big waste of time, and I really wish I could've just dealt with about two years of it and then went straight to a proper learning institution.

I walked away for reasons I'm not even sure will ever truly make sense. At least to people hearing it from the outsiders perspective.

And I know now that the seeds are planted. Not a wreckless, romantic idea of just running away and throwing caution to the wind, but instead taking a more calculated approach to life in general. And for the first time it actually feels that even though it'll be a slow burn, it'll burn none the less.

The more thought I put into it, the more I realize how much transfering to a different school in a different city and state now becoming a tangible possibility. It might not be yet another pipe dream.

I hate that I'm starting to get excited.

I'm a 23 year old Freshman. That makes me a loser. I shouldn't be excited, I should be admonishing myself for letting so much of my life get sucked away by things I shouldn't have, and that really puts things into perspective, I guess.

But I can officially say I'm now a poor college student.

I don't know if I would have ever seen this coming, honestly, had I not gotten a kick in my ass this year.


-Until tomorrow.

No comments: